7.04.2005

back in the ussa

well after many hours on airplanes and in airports, I made it back to the States with all my bags and body parts. And just when you thought the stories from the trip would be over, something happened on the plane that I really do think everyone will enjoy...

(excerpt from D.O.'s journal 7.03.05) "The setting: about 5 hours in to the flight from Tokyo to DFW, the plane's cabin is dark and quiet as most people are sleeping or wishing they could. The story: Jon reaches into the overhead compartment to fetch Emily's backpack so she could take her medicine. I asked Jon to 'accidentally' drop the medicine on the floor a few rows back so we could see what the man back there was watching that demanded so much of his laughter. In the process of trying to grab the backpack and simultaneously discover what movie was spawning the mystery man's outbursts, Jon pulled the pack a bit too hard and at the entirely wrong angle, causing a complete Majiang set to come plummeting to the airplane floor with a crash nearly as intense as the waiter-in-training dropping everyone's glasses of iced tea at Black Eyed Pea. This obviously paved the way for me to laugh unacceptably loud with my obnoxious outbursts, and this calamity caused all the formerly happy, peaceful, sleeping passengers to turn and glare with much disdain in their eyes. I don't even think the laughing man 2 rows back laughed. And we still don't know what he was watching."

Now that the light-hearted story is out of the way, on to the serious stuff. I sincerely thank everyone of you who have visited this site and lifted me and my team up over the past few weeks. I'm so blessed to know you guys. And the answer to the question nobody's asking (is this the end for D.O.'s blog?) is, no, probably not. I'm sure I'll keep posting stuff up on this, though likely way less frequently, and I have no idea what kind of things I'll be posting. If you stay tuned it's probable that I'll post pictures from my trip, or at least post a link to a website that I'll post my pictures on. Other than that, it's anybody's guess. Thank you guys again, God bless! (I'm back in the States where we can say stuff like that!)

No comments: