8.10.2005

all the clouds broke at once


Here in College Station, it seems to rain around 50 to 60% of 365.25 days in a given year. I'm sure the actual number is significantly smaller, but for those of us who's main mode of transportation, it seems fairly accurate. Today a storm was brewing right around noon, so Mikey and I decided to make lunch and eat it on the porch to the sights and sounds of said storm rolling in. While we were making our sandwiches, we heard and an enormous amount of rain pelting the roof. We took a look out the back door to see the great rains, and could only laugh at the sight. I couldn't accurately say what was so funny, but whatever it was, we enjoyed it. So much so that a picture was taken, and posted on the blog. The photo doesn't exactly do the storm justice, but it was quite the downpour. I had many thoughts of our Biblical friend Noah.

While on the front porch, as Colby, Mikey and I were discussing the greater questions in life, God interrupted with the loudest, most massive crack of thunder I have ever heard in my life, no exaggeration. The only thing I can compare it to is to an explosion at the Batman Stunt Show at Six Flags, only the explosion lasted for 10 seconds. Not like a bunch of separate blasts, but all one, really drawn out one. I proceeded to yell for the next minute or so about how cool God is, and how cool it is that I personally know the guy who made that nearly earth-shaking burst. Rain is so funny.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

AMAZING! basically...i hope you are having a fantastic day!