2.27.2006

... down in New Orleans

Another weekend came and went, and while most A&M students spent their weekends studying for tests or supporting Aggie athletics, the group mentioned in my previous post (and Stephanie Logan!) went to Louisiana for Mardi Gras. The weekend was loaded with eventful moments from beginning to end. One of the trip's earlier highlights was meeting Mr. and Mrs. Borne. Mrs. Borne greeted us at the door with beads and these extremely stylish bead bags pictured above. An event which followed only moments later was one for the books: Mr. Borne unashamedly saying to me, "I'm glad I got to meet you in person. You look a lot better in real life than you do on that blog. I really thought you looked like s***." That makes the second parent of a chick to make such a comment to me upon meeting me in person. Probably time to change that picture huh?

Friday night we went to the local Lafayette parade where Mikey and I wrecked shop on the bead collecting. Sarah and Claire actually both caught more beads than we did, but they're cute girls... they automatically had an advantage (note: if you're reading this, and you are a female who went on this trip, and your name is neither Sarah nor Claire, it does not mean that you aren't cute - you are). Saturday we drove to New Orleans and saw first hand some hurricane damage from six months ago. Amazing. We caught the tail end of one of the parades and immediately found out that the parade we came to see was postponed until the next day, when we would no longer be there. Once our tears dried up, we toured New Orleans and visited a piano bar (where we became quick favorites) and the French Market. We finally ended up back in Lafayette and I consumed more lasagna than I believe I ever have in my life. It was glorious.

All in all, this weekend was incredible, and I really cannot praise the Lord enough for giving me the friends with whom I got to spend it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must say, the looks improved even more after the beads and bag became part of the ensemble, don't you think? Leave it to my wife to make a man look better---she has 29 years of practice (notice I said better, not good--she's still working on that with me.) By the way, the more you come back, the better she can make you look. Enjoyed meeting you and Mikey. Come back anytime---don't wait for Claire, as she does not come very often.

Anonymous said...

i'm so proud of the post and your ability to so smoothly sport those amazing bead bags! the borne family is so proud! for your sake and for my dad's, i'm so happy that your s***ty picture has been removed. now y'all will have something else to talk about. thanks for being my friend and putting up with/enjoying the weekend with the crazy Borne family!