9.25.2006

what to wear??

Every day we affluent Weserterners are faced with a whole lot of decisions that most of the rest of the world needn't worry about making.

Which bathroom to use?

Which specific meal to eat?

Which specialist doctor to go see?

Which company to pursue getting a job with?

Well tomorrow, Tuesday the 26th, at 4:00pm, I will be making a choice I wouldn't have thought twice about had my father not called me today. You see, I have a job interview at REI tomorrow (praise Jesus!) and was told, regarding the attire, "... and it's casual, you don't have to show up in a suit or anything" - after which I laughed, told her I didn't own a suit, and she answered back with laughter.

The real issue at hand here, as you may have guessed, is not what outfit to wear to said interview at one of the nation's largest outdoor gear retailers, but what pair of shoes?

I had full intentions of wearing my beloved Chaco's, but my dad politely recommended that I do otherwise. I followed up with a well-thought out rebuttal, but I'll save you from reading that. Given the facts you've received already, including the quote from the interviewer, knowledge of what kind of store REI is, and the picture of my entire shoe collection (save climbing shoes, which aren't an option), what pair ought I wear?

Stay tuned for a picture of the entire outfit I end up picking in the next post tentatively titled: Fashion Universe.

2 comments:

Thomas Supercinski said...

Chacos. You've seen the folks that work at REI!

Anonymous said...

Wait, that was rachel, not Thomas that said that. Sorry