
Just to make sure there is no confusion from the get go, the title of this post is not a link, rather it's the man's name pictured here with the white beard. (The guy with the red beard is named D.O.). I know many of you have heard about Click at one time or another, and I figured it was high time that he got a post on the ever-growing-in-popularity blog.
Click may very well be the most fascinating person I've ever met. He's certainly intriguing, if nothing else, however I believe fascination and being intrigued often go hand in hand. Click lives around the corner from me in the back yard of a house he owns. He built a hut mostly out of scrap wood he found around town over the years, and he lives in it. It's a real nice, quaint place, but I'll spare the details, but suffice it to say that he has running water and a toilet, and no air conditioning. He's been/ lived in 36 different countries, speaks various amounts of probably 6 languages, and he's chosen a life of poverty for himself. He hates injustice of EVERY kind... most of which you, I promise, have never thought of in your life. He's survived skin cancer, and still has spots of it in a couple places on his body. He's 58 years-old and in better shape that I am. He loves cooking and he's the most frugal person I've ever met in my life.
Click knows a lot about Jesus, who he calls the Blonde Hippie (no idea why), but he sure doesn't know Jesus personally... yet. The Lord has taught me SO much about what it means to love somebody through this man. Click has no idea how much growth he's brought in my life, and I'd like to think that I don't know of the impact I (and all my roommates) have made in his, but who knows man? It's hard to tell, for sure.
Now you all know Click on a very surfacy level, and he hates surfacy conversations, so I'm sure he'd hate this post. Here's to Click!
10.19.2005
Click...
Labels: friends
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment