Here's my thought process: The Supercinski's have a baby, post a blog about it, and get like 30 comments. I'm greedy, and I want lots of comments too, but I can't have a baby at this point in time. How then, can I boost the number of comments I receive per post? Well clearly I need to change something. I know deep down that what really needs to change is my attitude towards this comment situation. It is more blessed (two syllables) to give than to receive.
BUT
I thought some more about it and realized that a major reason why I feel my blog gets little response is due to the fact that the great majority of my faithful readers - you all - are people I see on a daily basis. Ergo, you do not need to read a clever prose retelling a story you recently heard me share first person. You need something new, something fresh! So, I've decided to offer up some entries of the days before I was friends with (most of) you.
I'll keep my commentary on this picture short, since you've already given me 4 minutes of your life, I'll try to only take 2 more. The main thing I wonder when I see this picture is whether or not I have pants on... Oh, that and how in the world was I so precious? Feel free to spend the rest of your 2 minutes posting a comment. Or don't.
2.10.2006
new format?
Labels: random
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I am sorry to hear of your plight pilgrim. I do have some words of wisdom I have gleaned from my weeks of faithfully reading this blog to share though. You have, as I see it, two(2) options:1) realize the value of the personal comments you most likely receive after the heroic telling of your tales on a daily basis, and remain content with your dearth of electronic comments, or 2) create new and fresh content by, well...creating it, ie by "bearing false witness". The days of validating our masculinity based upon our electronic comment count have yet to break on yon horizon, so I would personally learn to love that low count baby. But when those dark days arrive, feel free to fabricate fictitious fairy tales.
G&P
i think it is the bow tie that made you so precious...you should try wearing them again...that would be precious
(1) you are obviously not wearing any pants, which then makes me question various things about your parents, but alas (2)i believe you to be more precious today than when that adorable picture was taken; and i've never even seen college derek without pants.
Derrick.
i'm amazed by the confidence, for sure! no pants, and look at that smile! there's no shame here, that's what i'm talking about.
"iawvcqjf" = one of the many words d.o. made up as a kid when he didn't really know how to write, but liked to scribble with a pen and pretend like he did.
i think it might be the hand placement that qualifies this photo as precious. the little tiny boy hands resting on the knee...you weren't into the 'crossing your legs' phase of life quite yet...all in all...adorable pants or sans pants
Son,
Let me assure you, you had shorts on in that picture. And yes you were precious ( and so that you never forget are still precious in your mom's and mine eyes)! This is a good choice of pictures but I am surprised that you didn't used the one with you and Tommy in the Radio Flyer wagon. That one always scores big points.
Love ya. dad
Post a Comment