The bus displayed before you is the very machine that will be taking us (Lord willing, and only Lord willing) to Missouri on July 2nd. It was donated to Mission Brenham by some nice folks at some Tabernacle, and part of their name is still visible on the side of the bus despite the letters having been removed. The farthest this bus has ever gone with Mission Brenham was back in 2005 when it went to College Station... almost. It didn't actually make it all the way successfully, which is why I'm asking you to join me in praying that the Silver and Purple Eagle would by the grace of God get us to KAA and back.
In other news, I was finally able to get in contact with a human being in Marlin who told me lots of valuable information regarding my ticket. I'll be paying, it seems, at least $180 for my driving faux pas. As crappy as that is, you do what you gotta do. Thanks to all of you who commented on my ticket venting post.
Let it be known that I in NO WAY condone breaking of the law. I honestly don't even speed normally, that was just a special day I guess. I hope that you will all follow my lead as I drive defensively and within the given legal confines of speed and yielding.
(For those of you who've been a part of my life for a really long time, this bus is made by the same eagle people that all of our friends in Sycamore tattooed on themselves... you know?)
7.01.2006
off we go
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Safe travels!
have fun!!! (i would have put bonvoiajj...whatever..i didnt put it because i can´t spell it)
Remember when we were on a bus kinda like that in Mexico and we got pulled over by drunken Mexican police and they searched our bags while holding there AK-47's in the middle of the night? That was a pure trip, minus the great loss of our first pair of chacos.
Have a great time bud.
Post a Comment