10.08.2006

nine days in...

As you may recall, my goal for October, the only month of my life for which I've set a goal, is to tear a phone book in half. As of today, the 9th, this is how far I've been able to get.

That doesn't mean that I've been working on the same phone book all month. That'd be silly. I've taken the more logical route of trying a new phone book each time, and when I can tear no longer, I stop. As a result, now we're out of phone books for me to tear, but I'll figure something out.

When I presented my goal of the month to my all-too-edifying roommates, they both scoffed at me and assured me that I'd never be able to do it; that it was a feat only for strongman guys, like the Power Team. Even after seeing what I've accomplished thus far, they remain unbelievers. Well count that as all the more reason to complete my goal. I haven't lost heart.

I realize this isn't an exciting post, but it is necessary for you to know that I'm a man of my word, and I'm still trying. Today was the first day I've been able to tear at least some part of every page, A to Z. Last time I only made it to the J's or so.


Aaron, if you ever teach the man class again, you can make this activity part of it. An ice breaker or something.

4 comments:

Brandon said...

the man class does need to learn to tear phone books in half. I would have felt like more of a man after that.

Anonymous said...

my bible teacher in 9th grade was a power team guy...hayden hendrix or something...he tore phone books...it was neat skill--useless in bible class...but still we thought it was very cool

Hendrick Family said...

D.O. you are a unitard.

Anonymous said...

i like this little light of mine