2.01.2007

quiz time!

Way back in my college years I decided I wanted to get a tattoo. Being the honorable and respectful son I am, I asked my parents if that was a permissible thing to do. They promptly informed me that yes it was allowed, and made sure that I was aware that as soon as I got one, they'd stop paying for my college. Well I took that as a no. They also said that when I was out of school and supporting myself that I could do whatever I want.

I obliged.

I received these tattoos the other night from my new friend Meg. They were free because she's an apprentice and she has to do a certain amount of promotional tattoos before getting certified. So for the mere cost of a trip to College Station, I got some neat permanent writing on my ankle.

Quiz Time: What are the two words/phrases?

People who are cannot play: Mikey, Jon, La, Jordan, Allen, and Aaron. Also, Butch Smith need not play, because he nailed it on the head before ever being asked. Someone was paying attention in seminary.

Guess away, and a prize will be awarded to the winning-est winner.

5 comments:

The Haley Smith said...

Sadly, Thanks to Derrick, this is the home page on our computer so I am forced to read about his life every time I go to check my email. Or I guess I could change it so maybe there's a small part of me that cares about DO's life. My guess is Bond Servant........What is my price? Do I get anything for wasting my time and leaving a comment? :)

D.O. said...

Though I'm thankful that you actually took (not wasted) the time to post a guess, I'm afraid your answer is incorrect. Also, your attitude is incorrect. My blog being the homepage is hardly an event worth prefacing with the word "sadly".

But I can't get mad. At least you guessed.

Anonymous said...

It means "Win! Win! Win!" or else "This little light of mine sung in a Burger King" Final guess - "I scraped my eye with some sand" I know it has to be one of those three...or else "Come on Ring those Bells" or "Say girl!!!"...I know it's in there somewhere...My name is Brad the Avenger but I don't have a google account so I can't leave my identity above this awesome post

Michael Mills said...

I'm ready to give it a guess.

Anonymous said...

Here's my guess...

one of them is "charis" (english alphabet spelling anyway) which is "grace" if I'm not mistaken...which I could be.

and the other is "pistis" which I think is "faith"

That's my guess. Although I will say that it's not a guess. I knew charis already, and google helped me with pistis.