Last night I experienced one of the top five most enjoyable meals of my year in Dallas, and it had little to do with the food that was eaten. I was given the extremely undeserved privilege of hanging out with my precious friend Katie Ann Domenech for the first time in literally two years. When I found out that said meal was going to take place, I proceeded to tell everybody at work that I was going to reunite with a close friend when I got off work. For the most part they didn't care, but I told them anyway. I was pumped. I love having some quality hang time with friends, especially the ones that I wish I could hang with often but somehow have failed to for two solid years. You know?
I've been faced afresh with the reality lately that I've been given way way more than I even come close to deserving in the friend department. Even though most of my friends are many miles away from me and I'm not able to see them as often as I once did, I'm still so dang blessed to be able to call them friends. Chances are if you're reading this then I count you as one of those people. So many people go through life (or seasons of life) without any friends that are half as close as some of mine are to me. That's sad. It's terrible. I hope to be as good a friend to people as so many gracious folks have been to me.
So thank you Father for friends. Thank you Katie for being mine, and thank you two-year-old picture for gracing the top of the blog with your magnificence, and reminding me of how great friends are.
6.03.2007
undeserved
Labels: friends
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
what a joy is the family
of which we are both apart
birthday party on wednesday;
if i can wiggle out
hot dogs with you i will eat
i love katie..she is my new friend!!!
D to the O,
Jami's ankle is a banana as of now. But thanks for checkin' in on us! We should be writing more updates soon...it's been a busy week. Keep us in your prayers--there is a lot of darkness here.
Peace to you, Brother!
Post a Comment