8.01.2007

I love this man

So much has happened since my last post. I should have posted at least two posts between that one and this one, but our internet went out for a while. So I've spent the past three or four hours sitting at my machine playing catch up. 225 post labels, 22 emails, 10 blogs, 5 facebook/myspace friend requests, and 4 facebook/myspace messages later, I'm ready to go. That whole labeling the posts thing... I hope someone uses that at least once. It took forever.

Friday was my last day of work. I spent the first half of my shift training the girl who is taking my position (she's putting the women back in women's wear). I spent the second half of my shift being hilarious with my beloved staff members. We took funny pictures. One of them was exceptionally awesome, but only you facebook savvy people will be able to see it. Go ahead. I'll wait.

Saturday was great. Not working on a Saturday. Just like it ought to be.

Sunday is when the party began. I was given the AMAZING privilege of hanging out with the man pictured above: Peeps. You may remember me talking about Peeps. He's the m I worked with back in China, summer '05. I could go on and on about how much I admire this man, but suffice it to say that he is, to date, one of my top five most influential people I've ever met. He looks more like Jesus than just about anybody I know. He is a humble servant and I am truly honored to have known him, and even more honored to have hosted him this weekend.

Goodness. I just love that guy. One of my favorite parts of his visit was when he met Mikey and said, "Oh man, I heard so much about you two years ago" to which Mikey replied, "I've heard so much about you for the past two years." So true. So great.

2 comments:

lo said...

i like the labels

i like your pictures from your last day at REI

i'm glad you were Peeps' plans for Sunday and Monday

linley said...

Congratz on being done with work - bigger congratz on getting to hang out with Peeps!