I had the privilege this weekend of hanging out with some of my family at iWitness Ministries. It was the annual reunion/banquet weekend in which we shared meals, conversations, hugs, laughs, and Sharpie tattoos. After reflecting on my weekend and time spent with these wonderful people, I opted to publish something to occupy and educate my readers for a moment.
iWitness are the folks that mobilized me to go to China back in Summer 05. In doing so they unknowingly launched online diary for the masses, America's second most popular blog (according to... nobody). So if that were all they'd ever done, I think that'd be sufficient. However iW has done a lot more than send a blogging, red bearded college kid to China. They've sent hundreds of students overseas to some of the least reached places on Earth in order that they might spread the Good News.
That would be enough for most people to approve of them as a mobilizing agency, but there is really so much more than that. The way they do missions is, in my opinion, extremely biblical. What I love about iW is that they train students to live missional lives, regardless of what their geographic location is. They teach everyone who go on their trips that the "front line" is more of a way of life than it is a place. Also, and this is big, they value involvement in the local church, and see it as necessary to Great Commission fulfillment. I can see the fruit of things I've learned through this ministry and it's staff continually in my life, over two years after going on my trip.
So what's the point of this post? I don't know exactly. I've had iW on my mind a lot, and sometimes things that reside in my brain for more than a few days end up on this blog. Also though, this weekend was all about supporting iWitness, mainly through finances, of which I have little. So, I thought I could support this wonderful ministry through... well my blog. So now you know. If you know of any high school or college students who think Father's tugging at their hearts for the nations, may I humbly recommend that you point them in the direction of igoglobal.org. They will not be upset. Also, if you ever want to talk about iW or missions or anything else, feel free to ask. Seriously. I don't say things I don't mean.
So thanks iW for the weekend. Only you could lift my spirits from the movie debut upset. I love you.
9.23.2007
i-dub
Labels: ministry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm right there with you on this one.
great shout out my friend. greatness. so glad you made it up. it's not the same w/out you there. (who would do all the work)
Post a Comment