It's true. I'm done here.
It's really, truly been fun, but sometimes you just have to move on. Change is inevitable, and that's all there is to it.
So at this point you're probably thinking:
Where are you going, D.O.? I'm going to Wordpress!
So what does that mean for me? Well it means more than you might think. I would appreciate it greatly if you would be so gracious as to do the following:
- Think about how you normally get to my blog, and then change it to say http://derrickoliver.wordpress.com.
- If you yourself have a blog that links to mine, please change that in your sidebar as well. (I'd do the same for you).
- If you normally get to these parts via an RSS feed, click here to subscribe to the wordpress blog. Isn't that easy?
Why are you leaving blogger? Well good question. Initially I really didn't want to. I've been very faithful to blogger over the years, and I adore Google, so it's been a tough decision.
One of the main reasons I'm making the switch is this: Wordpress allows you to make multiple pages per blog. When you go over to the new online diary for the masses you'll see a link for, among other things, a Bio page. I like that. To do that here you have to create a whole new blog, and it just kinda gets sloppy. It allows me to expand the ways I use my blog and it is a little more organized, which you know I like.
Also, it offers a great deal of widgets allowing you to make your blog more accessible such as a search bar, which I've utilized. It probably won't get used, but its there if you ever want to see if I've blogged your name or something.
So basically, there are no major reasons why I'm leaving blogger, only minor reasons that have added up to be enough to make the move. I still love you Google, I promise. Hire me, please.
Well, there you have it. Blogger, I hope we can still be friends. I really do. It's not you, it's me. I'm so sorry.
11.17.2007
I'm moving
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I too have debated the switch. I actually set up an account with them and have been trying to design some stuff before I make it public. We'll see if I ever actually make the switch. There are still somethings that I like better about Blogger.
When I read the title of your blog I was like, "He's moving! I haven't heard anything about this!" As I continued reading, I learned that you were just talking about your blog...I feel much better now.
EJ
I am shocked to hear that you are moving. Would like to meet you soon. Just keep in touch. I wish you can hear me.
What's up man? I have a new blog (sorry, sticking with blogger) that I actually update now, check it out when you can: http://thaband.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment