
I want to start this post off by letting you guys know how excited I am about this hurricane Rita, for all the fun times that I'll have and the good post(s) that will surely come from it.
That said, I'd like to offer this filler of a post, a tweener if you will, until ol' Rita rears her ugly face. This is a picture that my boy Jamz took while we were in China. This is at a park, and these wonderful ladies were spotted off in a distance, performing their flag dance for those who cared to watch. I remembered from reading on Joshua Langston's blog that you can do things that seem taboo in China and get away with it, so I immediately went over to the dancers, made friends via hand signals and my extremely limited Chinese (I had been in the country 3 days at this point), and about 90 seconds later my new friends were teaching me their dance. Once I joined the dance team, I feel like the crowd of onlookers grew significantly in size. I'd like to think this was caused by my good looks and amazing dance skills, but I'm pretty sure it was just because everyone in China thought I was David Beckham. Oh well, I'll take that.
9.22.2005
rewind
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
you know, i joined a chinese dance party myself while i was there in front of a random market...pretty tight-oh yes and i was given a really awesome plastic bracelet that had david beckham's team's name on it:) be safe this weekend!
Post a Comment