11.04.2005

the friendship, the family, the bling

There have been many goings-on in the life of D.O. as of late that have failed to make an appearance on this blog. This event, however, was so significant in the lives of five 20-something college bachelors that it could not go unposted. I know you are living in much anticipation, and you long to know what the shiny beams of light coming from our hands are... Thursday, November 3rd, the men pictured before you (Coblerone, T-Bomb, D.O., Jerod, and Jon) received their fightin' Texas Aggie Rings. WHOOOOOOP! How good bull am I for posting two consecutive entries relating directly to Texas A&M?

Each of us have been going to Texas A&M for going on four years now. Each of us (with varying levels of success in the realm of grades) completed 95 hours of college education
. Each of us bought the ring pictured below. Each of us paid $511.00 for our rings... seriously. These are the rings people use as status symbols of sorts in the "real world." People are (so they say) literally shoe-ins during job interviews, simply for having one of these rings. Aggies can recognize other Aggies regardless of their location world-wide thanks to this ring. My hand is a whole lot heavier than it ever was before, compliments of this ring.

So to wrap it all up (because my hand is weary from typing with this hunk of gold connected to it), I initially wasn't really planning on getting a ring, my folks made me, and I'll confess, it is nice to have. I am sticking to my guns on the fact that I think it is far too expensive a piece of jewelry... and I'll leave it at that. Congrats to everyone who got their rings!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good bull

Anonymous said...

They seriously are SO heavy! I don't know how guys can wear them everday--I can't even wear mine everyday as it wears my hand out. Congrats D.O. on passing a milestone in Aggieland.

Brandon said...

You stole my shoe during night church