8.28.2006

75 things that make me smile and/or things I like

I made this list over the past few days for fun with no intentions of making a blog about it, but then I figured, why not? Enjoy.

  1. Jesus and his grace
  2. Photography
  3. Music
  4. Good, well-made, holistic albums
  5. Christian hip-hop
  6. People (or myself) spilling drinks
  7. People (or myself) tripping
  8. My college friends: the roommates, the six chicks, Lauren Rouse and her house, Joshua Langston and Matt Graham, Molly Allen… this list would take pages and hours to make.
  9. My college family: the roommates, the six chicks, the Hendricks!
  10. Living Hope
  11. Rony, Kuddah, and Heavy
  12. Sunsets, and rises for that matter
  13. Realizing that you’re driving 5 miles under the speed limit
  14. Driving, foot out the window, 70 degrees out, and Mae (or an equally amazing CD) in the CD player.
  15. Cold weather and all it entails: wool socks, fleeces, beanies, gloves, long sleeve shirts
  16. Philip Yancey books
  17. Mark Driscoll books and sermons
  18. Barnes and Nobles, browsing, never buying
  19. “The Irresistible Revolution”
  20. Singing to the Lord
  21. Babies
  22. Chinese babies
  23. People who adopt kids
  24. Hugs
  25. Christmas music
  26. Watching people do what they do/ be in their element
  27. Gymnastics
  28. Rock climbing
  29. Traveling
  30. REI garage sales
  31. Habitat for Humanity garage sales
  32. Sitting on the Luther house porch as a storm rolls in, playing guitar
  33. Colby’s hammock, with a good book
  34. Waking up with my face in a textbook
  35. Knowing that I never have to read another textbook unless I want to
  36. Finding out you have more money in your bank account than you thought
  37. Painting, even though I’m terrible at it
  38. Grammar and spelling
  39. Barefoot grass
  40. Heather’s dessert
  41. My Prana pants
  42. Successfully resisting temptations
  43. Brad Smith, every time
  44. Watching and discussing films that are well-made and deal with relevant issues
  45. Finding Jesus in everyday things
  46. Cold showers after mowing the yard in a Texas summer
  47. Diving boards
  48. Encouraging notes (especially when hand-written)
  49. Chinese people
  50. Dads being men and playing with their kids with no regard for anyone else who may be watching
  51. Seeing how innocent and peaceful people look when they’re sleeping (not in a weird way)
  52. Spooning
  53. When I look at a close friend and know that we’re both thinking the same thing without a word being spoken
  54. Laughing until I’m red, crying, and my side hurts (all three)
  55. The Body of Christ!
  56. Hearing the voice of the Shepherd
  57. Dancing, on the rare occasion that I feel it
  58. Naps
  59. Sleeping in and not feeling guilty about it
  60. Massages!
  61. Any joke that goes a tasteful direction that I wasn’t expecting (usually results in a loud, obnoxious burst of laughter)
  62. Crunchy, homemade cookies
  63. Shower curtains that are a foot longer than the length of the tub (as opposed to short ones)
  64. Snow skiing
  65. Road trips to no specific destination
  66. Chicken E
  67. When lights stay green longer than you thought they would
  68. Thinking about Jon’s writing on all the popular kids’ names on his 6th grade notebook in a white-out pen
  69. Peeps
  70. Doing flips
  71. Cody Kimmel and Matt Graham opening for Jimmy Needham at Coffee Station before the entire world fell in love with the three.
  72. When the gas gauge reads full
  73. When people leave comments on my blog
  74. Pretty eyes
  75. Live shows

9 comments:

chairman said...

can't begin to express how many blessings you have brought into my life. simply the way you see things and express things keeps my perspective in check.

everyone needs a daily allowance (d.a.) of d.o. ya know kinda like a vitamin.

r.o. - the one who reads much more than he responds

Anonymous said...

wow...75...thats downright impressive.

Hendrick Family said...

R.O.!!! How fun! Make a blog...and make Lori write on it too. We will all be groupies.

D.O.
I bet people talking to other people on your blog does NOT rank on this list...but it's R.O...and it was such an unexpected thing to see...

When I make my list, one of the things on it will be...

People you never expected to comment on a blog, commenting on your blog. No one take that one, ok! And yes...D.O. will be on my list as well.

Miss you muchly.

Anonymous said...

That list made me cry, i think its b/c i was just thinking about how much i missed you before i read it.

D.O. said...

oh man, RO in the hizzy... that is exciting, there is no doubt.

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure that was one of my favorite posts, D.O.
Thanks for sharing.
Hey, I think I should come see you and your roommates soon. What do you think?

Brooke said...

i like this post too! 75 is quite a lot of things.... but, they're all very good things at that! i miss being in college station where a lot of those things happened.... and those kids are already back in school.... without us! this is crazy.

joshlangston said...

i love your style D.O., i think i should make it a goal to look into each of these 75 things more intensely..i'll let you know the results..
*unbelievably honored that i made the list*...keep it real in D-town ~ josh

Anonymous said...

D.O.,
i really enjoyed reading your list (and your other blogs make me laugh so hard as well) and then, going down the list, i was like, "dang! i'm on there!". man, i'm with Langston: "unbelievably honored that i made the list".
i'm wearing the green shirt for you and Jon this week
Peeps