
None of us will soon forget where we were when we heard about Judy Blume's retirement from Jiffy News. I was sitting right here at my computer after waking up around noon from a solid night's sleep. The death of such a beloved and informative blog does not occur without the world-wide-web community feeling the impact. To add insult to injury, earlier today I clicked the Jiffy News link just for old time's sake, and the dreaded Error 404 was displayed on my monitor! How are people supposed to get their news? Sure they could watch CNN or read up on the countless long-winded websites that offer such information, but who's got the time? Well I might.
That's right. After hours of self-consultation I've decided to contact Judy (via this post) and submit to her my application, that I might become a Chief News Correspondent for Jiffy News. I could help write news stories, and she, being the founder and CEO, would have the liberty to edit, erase, or elaborate on anything she so chose. This came as a suggestion from Heather Hendrick herself, queen of popularity and blogging. I think that says something right there. I did modify and add a few things to Heather's original proposal, which can be read in the comment section of my previous post.
So Judy, what do you think? All I'd need from you is the okay and the password (that way the URL doesn't have to change, which will save your readership some confusion). I even made a logo in Paint! I'm anxiously awaiting your thoughts.
10.19.2006
a proposal for new management
Labels: blogs
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
DO (and everyone else)....check it out. Your post worked. :) JiffyNews is BACK IN BUSINESS!
Oh, sorry...just click on jiffy news and you'll see what I mean.
I want to throw a party I'm so excited.
How I do love you two newsies!!
What wonderful people you are and what a wonderful void you fill in SO MANY lives!!
I want to reach out with my hip hop arms and squeeze you both!
Heather
Post a Comment