11.05.2006

doggie days

Here is a picture of me and Hershey. Hershey is a yorkie that belongs to the Olivers, the family that birthed, raised, and currently claims me. My parents usually keep him, but due to their recent travels he has been staying with us at the apartment. Isn't he cute?

Well the answer is, it depends. He's cute when you come home and he runs up to you and jumps as high as he can (6 inches above my knee) to greet you. He's cute when he jumps up in your lap and falls asleep. He's actually cute right now as I'm typing this, laying down on the pillow beside my bed.

However, he is not always cute. It's not cute when you come home to find him in his cage with his own waste. He's also not cute when he decides, in the middle of the night, that he suddenly cannot jump on to my bed -- something he does with no problem in the day time -- and whines heavily until he receives the assistance he believes he deserves.

There is one thing that Hershey is not: smart. Every time I tell him it is time to go outside, he freaks out like he's never been anywhere other than our apartment's entry way in his life. You'd think he would remember that I have to put the leash on him before we go out, and that he'd at least stay still while I try to accomplish that feat... not the case. He just jumps around like an idiot until I finally grab and subdue him until I can get that little leash buckle to click. Another very intelligent thing he does happens every time we come back in from outside. He still hasn't wrapped his peanut brain around the fact that we live upstairs. He always goes right on past the steps. I don't understand it.

Anyway, that's Hershey. He's cute, and not cute, and not smart, but I love him anyway. My roommates hate him and make fun of him, but I love him. I think dogs are funny. I do not, however think this post is funny, and at this point I'm wondering why I thought it would be a good idea for a post at all. Oh well. It's like the subtitle of my blog says, "online diary for the masses - where D.O. wastes your time for you"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked hershey when i met him and played that little game with them where you put your hand on either side of his face really fast and the goes crazy trying to catch it...that was fun...and then i met your dads...all three of them

Brooke said...

i love hershey! i'm not normally a dog lover... or animal lover for that matter. but, hershey is precious. jon and mikey---- you better not make fun of him!

lo said...

i liked hershey that one time mikey and i set off the alarm system at your parents house

i'm sure i'd still like hershey now

Kendra said...

Hershey is so cute! Can he come over and play?

Love,
Taylor Tot

Matt said...

i laughed

Jon David Tettleton said...

i do not hate him...unjust post.