That's right friends, the rumors you've been hearing are true! I did in fact shave my beard off. As I had promised both to myself and to close friends, upon returning home from my ski trip I shaved off all my facial hair save that which resided on my upper lip. My plan was to show up to work and act as though I were very serious about my new face-do. Anyone can wear a mustache as a joke, but only true gentlemen can wear them seriously.
Well I started out my mustache debut by sleeping in and arriving to work an hour late (good way to start 2007 huh?). My managers and authorities had every reason to be mad at me when I walked in the office, all shameful and tardy. There were, however, unable to be mad at someone as gentlemanly as myself with my moustache. I used to think I was liked at work for having an awesome beard, and if that were true, then dare I say I am now loved! I'm pretty sure my fellow staff members could have cared less whether or not I was serious, they just adored the fact that I had a mustache. So much so that a campaign started to have every upstairs male staff member grow a stache for themselves. How classy would REI Dallas be if that project were successful?
I hope to keep my stache long enough to forget that I have it (which may only take about another two hours). It's not a bad thing to have red hair on your upper lip. I think it brings people enjoyment. It also forces me to swallow any ounce of pride I may have had before I enter any given situation. Like earlier this afternoon when I walked into perhaps the fanciest store I've been inside of in five years...
I'm sure some of you are wondering why I didn't get a funnier stache, like one with handlebars or a kick stand. Well I thought about it, and I decided that if it were too funny, everyone would know I was joking. As it stands right now, it is just classy enough for people to convince themselves that I mean business when it comes to the facial hair, and that I am certainly not joking around.
1.02.2007
SURPRISE!
Labels: facial hair
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Are you sure you aren't the Roy from The Woodwright's Shop (one of my favorite shows as a kid)?
Thomas
absolutely beautiful.
That's the best stache I've seen on any of my friends. Way to go, D.O.
oh man. I knew I loved you, but now I think I know that even more.
Mama says "he looks like a convict", and then giggles.
I'm a huge fan, and then I giggle.
You look like that guy off the show, My Name is Earl! Not that I watch that horribly funny show...or talk like the blonde headed girl on there for two days after I see one of the shows....but I'm just saying, from what I've HEARD you look like that guy.
i think it looks sensational. keep it. you look even friendlier. some people look creepy with staches...you? friendlier...and we didn't think that was possible.
D.O.,
SWEET stache. I usually tell people that the only person in life that looks cool with a mustache is my dad, however...I think you might be up there. By the way, I wasn't sure which REI you worked at, and I was by the one in Plano the other day, and I was hoping that I might see your face so I walked in...and much to my dismay no D.O. Well, I tried! Hope you are doing well my friend.
so i'm sad i didn't get to see the stache in person
however i am glad i got to see you in person, though it was not for long enough
Post a Comment