You are looking at a picture of my Christmas present. A keyboard and Andrew Peterson's "Behold the Lamb of God" songbook. This is a good combination. It would, of course, be a better combination if I were more able to read music than I am (it takes me the equivalent time as a kindergartner reading English, divided by two, to read music).
Remember the post about jugglers and excellence? Well I don't know that I want to be excellent at the piano, but I certainly do want to be very good. It is too beautiful an instrument to ignore in my opinion. A couple years ago I was given a very fruitful private lesson on chord construction by one Brooke Brandon, and I've taken that lesson as far as I think I can. I've taught myself a lot of things (I think), and now I face the sad reality that I need lessons!
This isn't sad because I'm being forced to swallow my pride and actually ask for help. Swallowing my pride is always good. It's a sad thing because the going rate for piano lessons in this town is $1/minute. That would be all fine and good if you could get by on five minutes a week. Thirty minutes a week however quickly adds up to $120 a month... and that's a lot for the guy who's making, well, not a ton of money.
So, anyone know of a sweet lady that loves to help nice bearded boys learn the piano for cheap? I'll mow her yard or something. Not to mention blessing her with my presence. That was prideful. Swallow.
3.28.2007
the one about the piano
Labels: random
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Caitlin O'Reilly's roommate Caroline Boyd took piano lessons for years and Julia Miller is also quite exceptional on the piano as well as Jenny Hankinson...Hope that helps! you are missed down here!
D.O., I would totally teach you piano if I lived in Dallas...seriously. Maybe we could work something out. I definitely think you could be very good if you learned the basics and then just played all the time. Can't wait for you to hear the cd...it's beautiful.
Hi D.O., I don't know if you know me but you worked with my kids some in yth when you were working with yth! I just ran across your blog from a link on Heather's blog.
Anyway, I could teach you some piano basics. I'm home full-time with my kids. I don't know when you are leaving for China but if you have time and want some lessons before you go . . . call me!
Mindi Greene
680-1688
Post a Comment