3.10.2007

you think you're sneaky...

Keeping a blog updated regularly really isn't hard, especially when you aren't concerned about your posts being entertaining. What is hard however, is keeping up with a blog that is in some form or fashion, worth people's time. In order to do that, you're more or less forced to keep things entertaining, thought-provoking, humorous, things of that nature.

I'll be the first to admit that the online diary for the masses (that's the name of this blog) often fails at meeting any of those prerequisites for a healthy blog, which has, over the past few months, made me doubt whether or not I had a sizable readership. But, every time I let myself think that the only people who read my blog were the four people who post each time, my sources tell me that I have readers I'd never have even thought about having. Friends of friends. Siblings of friends. Total strangers. All of the above.

So, to you mystery readers, you "ghosts" as they say in the message board world, I'd like to offer you an invitation. Now is your time to shine. You yourself could be published on this ever-so-prestigious website. I invite you, I challenge you, I admonish you to post a comment to this entry. Show yourself. There's no reason to hide. The other readers won't tease you, I promise! They're nice. I bet they'll even post welcome messages to you. It'll be like a virtual electronic happy time for everybody!

Go ahead. Do it. You think you're exempt but you are certainly not my friend. Plus, rest assured that I know you who are regardless of the action you take at the end of the next sentence. I've heard of you reading this very blog at your home, workplace, and favorite local bistro... Show yourself.

12 comments:

Hendrick Family said...

I read your blog...but I'm not a ghost. I am afraid of them though.

Anthony and Sharon said...

Hey D.O.-if we can call you that on such short aquaintence- we found your blog through our good and adorable friend Brooke. We met her last summer and we now live MUCH closer than you to her- like one country away. We're not ghosts, but the folks we came here for believe in them big time! Check our blog out as we have checked yours...RSS us if you'd like...its worth it. Some of the time anyway.

Michael Mills said...

I'm a ghost...

And I'll cut you up!

I'll cut you up so bad, you wish I no cut you up so bad.

Unknown said...

Okay - so, my name is Laura and I am married to Danny Stiller (rumor has it you know of him, and rumor also has it you played baseball with my brother-in-law, Chris Stiller). I found your blog through the Supercinki's blog way before I even knew my husband knew you. And, even though I didn't know you (I am an Aggie as well, but apparently we never crossed paths) was very entertained by your blogs. I met your parents at Rucker Preston's wedding last weekend. They taught my husband (once again, the amazing Danny Stiller) in 12 grade S.S. at Fielder Rd. I was going to come out of the secret-blogger-reader closet this last week, but chickened out. So, there you have it - the crazy circle of Aggies, bloggers, and old Arlington connections.

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

D.O. I read your blog...remember me from LH. Michael and Alex's mom, red hair, we saw each other at Wendy's often.
I am entertained...I love that you posted a post about posting coments, does that make sense? So many people have talked about doing it but never have until now...bravo!!!

Hendrick Family said...

Is anyone else disturbed by Michael the Ghost's comment?

Maybe our next conversation about the paranormal should be about ghosts haunting the internet.

bekah said...

Holla D.O.

My name is Bekah, I go to Living Hope, and I read your blog. Yay!

Keep on postin',
-B

lo said...

i hope you're happy to know you have so many readers

i knew they were out there

Anonymous said...

i found your blog from the crazy hendricks...im a ghost..my only true connections are 1. my mom is the wonderfully amazing administrative asst at living hope and 2. im an aggie. 3. we know some of the same peeps

Anonymous said...

hey derrick. i think im the only person in the world now that calls you that. this is jessica wright by the way. and yes. i read your blog. its funny reading yoru super power blog because i just made my 7th grade students write a paper about which power they would want flying or invisible. most chose flying..if you were wondering. anyway. keep writing. i love it.

Cheryl R. Cox said...

Since you apparently don't think it's weird for random people to ready your blog, I'm Cheryl :) I guess we all have to admit we do it sooner or later! I found your blog through Lauren Davis's site. I actually met you once randomly through... nathanial stockberger perhaps? I'm not entirely sure. I just remember you were really quiet. Okayyyy so to lower my awkwardness level just a tad, I'll reassure you this is actually only the second time I've ever ran across your blog :) Have a good day!

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

FIRST TIME READER....today is the first day that I started reading other people's blogs...i started a blog a few weeks ago and on my dashboard it says 150 people have looked at my blogspot but nobody had left a comment until this a.m. I got my first ones...i wondered if I had it set up like a 100-year-old...i had to beg the girls to post a comment so i wouldn't be paranoid with 0 comments for weeks anymore as to who is reading this stuff...but Brooke told me to come to blogs on her spot thing and read them and leave messages...i REALLY enjoyed reading all of your blog for first time...why do I think people will read mine when I haven't read theirs??? i won't beat up on myself too much more...lol...and hopefully i can learn how to leave a comment in one sentence....next time...