5.14.2007

olives part 3?

I think this is the third installment of my "olives" series, but I wasn't entirely sure, hence the question mark. While I'm prefacing the post, just a reminder, I've now entered in to code-mode in my blogging, and you should too. That way I won't get kicked out of China any time soon after I get there.

Right around the time I was refreshed in College Station, I had also made my mind up that I would no longer be going to the club I'd been going to. You recall, the one that I made mention of in olives part one and all the club's minions came out to post comments on the blog they'd never previously read? You know? You good on what club is? LHBC is one if you're still confused. Good? Great.

Also around that time Father had put a small handful of people in my life in very random and essentially non-eventful ways, and each of these humans were pointing me to the same place: Highland Park Presb Club. Well this was an easy club for me to reject right off the bat simply because of it's location. I'm not a big fan of HP. Haven't been ever since high school when I competed against their gymnastics team and realized that their men's coach was a jerk.

Nevertheless, I bit the bullet and visited. While listening to the announcement portion of the meeting, I learned that they had a 40 Hour Haying event coming up. (Oh, not sure about "haying?"... change the "h" to a "pr"... and that was your last hint). I figured that any club that was willing to let their visionary young people set up a tent in the front yard of a HP neighborhood was okay with me. I went ahead and signed up for a time slot for the tent. I showed up and suffice it to say, I had a good time hanging out with Father. He's a good Dad, and He likes it when we hang out with him. The tent pictured above is the tent of which I'm speaking, in case you were curious.

So say all that to say, I now find myself regularly attending and getting involved in a club at which I never in my life thought I'd be. Not a big HP fan, and not a big denom...tion fan, but that's where Father's lead me. He is, quite certainly, one of the weirdest dudes I know. But He's good, and He's got good plans for us, so even when he tells us to do weird stuff (or at least what we think at the time to be weird), if He's telling us to do it, we can trust He knows what He's doing... because He does.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

see ya there:) the den?

Anonymous said...

yo yo yo,

Father is good indeed. And he works all things for the good of his children.

Thanks for the word about spending time with Father....always good to remember that.

Anthony and Sharon said...

we call it 'yarping' or 'to yarp'... just in case terminology is up for suggestions...
Glad you found a place.

colby said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.