I find it hard to believe that every talk show host who interviews an author and claims to have read their most recent book has actually read said book. I've seen various hosts claim to have really enjoyed so and so's book, and then the next three nights they say the same thing to different authors about different (thick) books. I'm not sure I believe all of them, and that's all I have to say about that. Feel free to share your thoughts, and if Leno, Letterman, Conan, John Stewart, or any other late night talk show hosts who subscribe to my blog would like to justify themselves, please feel free to do so in the comments section.
10.29.2007
really?
Labels: television, thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I do no such thing.
I don't normally read your blog but I was googling my name (which you misspelled) this afternoon and found it.
I do read all of the books that my guests author in their entirety prior to interviewing them on the show. Their publishers send me a complimentary copy and I read them out of obligation. How else would I be able to have an educated conversation on matters relating to the book? I'll be honest, I'm a bit offended that you'd accuse me of this. Letterman, fine; Leno, absolutely, but me?
And Colbert's right. He doesn't even claim to have read any of the books his guests have written. He doesn't believe in books. He cares only about his own new book.
If that's Jon Stewart for real...that's neato that he commented.
I was actually going to get on here and say that out of any of the hosts, I bet Stewart actually reads them. He's pretty impressive when giving his two cents on certain issues.
So that's my...two...cents...?
ok, is that legit?!?
Mr. Oliver
(yes I know your last name, I have connections)
For reasons you have already stated, I do not have many authors on the show. I can't read EVERY book that is published. I do though, try to skim the books so that I can say I read it... (I never say I read the whole thing).
I am happy to notice that Mr. Stewart considers me a little higher than Leno. I always knew Jon Stewart has class and was a good judge of character. I mean, I never claimed to be a top-tier host like him. In fact, I told Jerry Seinfeld the other night, that I am just a schmuck with a show... now people like Jon, they're the real deal man.
Post a Comment