since last time I didn't get a chance to post the "that and the other" portion of "this, that, and the other", which includes shout-outs and lifting requests, I'll do so now. Again, I haven't yet had a chance to read my comments from the week, so if you left one, and didn't receive a shout-out, then just wait, your time will come. And if you get a shout-out and haven't left a message yet, then you are stepping on my last nerve.
Parents - I was thinking about how I won't call you for six weeks while I'm here, and I started to think that was a long time, but then I realized I probably have gone six weeks without calling you while I'm at A&M, so maybe if y'all think about it that way, you won't miss me so much. But keep lifting me up (not that I'm worried you were about to stop), cause I like, and need, that kind of stuff. I love y'all.
Granny - I hear you got a new computer and email... I bet that is hilarious. I would send you an email, but here in China I'm keeping away from my email account for security purposes, but maybe you can check this site and read/ comment. I love you, see you in less than a month.
Misty and David - I don't know if y'all ever hang around this site, or on the internet at all, but I wanted to let you know I got my baby cousin Abi something here in the Orient (don't worry about repaying me, I owe Misty one for the little egg whistle she got me in Taiwan), and it may be too big, but I figured she'd, or at least her mom, would like it. Oh, and if you aren't checking this site, then now you should feel guilty for getting a shout-out and never having visited the online diary for the masses.
L.O. - I bet you're having a blast in A-town working a semi-grown up job(s) and hanging out with high school friends. As jealous as I am of you, I still plan on getting you something that deals with footwear here in China, and I'd like to know what size shoe you wear. Preferably in the European scale, because that's how they roll here. My Euro shoe size is like 44 or something. I love you dude, keep hanging out with Pappy, he likes it more than you (or I) can understand.
Matt, Joshua, and Seth - last time I checked, both of y'all failed to leave a comment, which leads me to believe (though hopefully I'm wrong), that neither of you grace this site with your presense. That's just fine, but don't expect a radical shout-out til you do. If indeed I am wrong, I'll make it up to you with baked goods or kisses or something.
Tommy - Jon and I were talking about you the other day, right here in China, and we decided that you, sir, are tight. We like you a lot, and Tara too, and we're looking forward to coming to your wedding when we return to the land of the free and the home of the brave.
George W Bush - hey man, thanks for the financial support you gave me for this trip, I knew you'd come through. Dude, I'm looking forward to our lunch date when I get back, until then, you just hang in there, and keep leading our country the way Pappy wants you to!
Supercinski's - I'm sure you two are faring well in the race for the most comments. If I had to guess my folks are your top (and probably only) competitors. More important than your posts, though, are certainly your pr's for me, and I seriously appriciate those more than comments or dolla bills.
Becky - dude, thanks again for being a pr warrior for me while I'm here. Feel free to let the Monday morning group know that I'm doing well, and that Father has proven to be so good to me and my team the entire time we've been here thus far.
Hank Hill - Thanks for making me laugh so much when I'm in the states.
Alright, I think that's all the shout-outs for now, I'll proceed to give you lifting requests for the upcoming week, most of them are going to be the same as previous weeks, but they're still important. Here we go!!
- first, tell Pappy how great He is for whatever He's doing in yo' life. And thank him for what He's doing in mine
- protection, both spiritual and physical, from whatever the enemy decides to throw our way
- that security stuff will not be an issue we need to worry about, and that we indeed won't be worried
- sensitivity in hearing Father's voice (for his sheep will know His voice!)
- healing for my knee*
- that Father would keep providing us with people to talk to, to get done what we need to get done
I think that's it. At least that's the big stuff, now for the asterisk:
* so yesterday I was going down a river on a little floaty, enjoying the freezing cold water on a very mild and cloudy day (I was colder than I've been in a long time). At one point, a good ways down the river, I started going over some rapids/ rocks. Don't be fooled, these aren't big rapids, nothing to write home about, even though that's exactly what I'm doing. As I entered the rapids, I hit my butt on some rock(s) and ultimately fell off my floaty. No big deal, the water isn't deep, it wasn't like I was going to die (Warning: Ending Spoiler: I didn't die). As I fell, I went to grab my floaty, which I immediately realized had popped, and was no longer holding air, but water. Anyway, I got to the shore with my level 6 swimming school skills, and came out with only mere abrasions on my lower back. Sometime later that afternoon, however, my knee started bothering me, and by that night it was hurting pretty bad when I bent it. Think about it, you bend your knee a lot throuhout a given day. So now, it's kinda swollen, a little bruised, nothing terrible, but I am a wiener, and we head out for another week on the trail soon, and I don't want to be holding the group back. So that's that.
Alright, that's it. No drawn out good-byes here. Especially since I'll probably post another one this afternoon after reading my comments. Lata!!
6.10.2005
that and the other
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
SO I saw that no one had posted here. That was my cue to be the first. I hate it when my knee hurts, so I will definitely ask my daddy to fix that for you. I'm taking online defensive driving right now, so this is giving me something to do instead of reading the material on the stupid website. Well bro, you are missed and all that jazz. Love ya. See ya soon.
Brad
Post a Comment