
I'm not so lofty to think that any of the readers of my blog are from out of state, which means that all of you can sympathize with what is soon to be said (or, in your case, read). Travis Herzog is a local meteorologist here in town, and a good friend of mine. He however, must have to hate his job this time of the year in College Station because he is constantly forced to be the bearer of bad news. You see, here in College Station it is not winter. I know that all of our calendars show the month to be December, and local performing artists are playing Christmas songs at their concerts, local retailers are advertising Holiday this and that... but it is not winter. The reason, friends, that winter has yet to fall on the Brazos Valley is because God has yet to allow it to be cold. I'm posting this at 11:30am, and it's already 75 degrees, with the high to top out around 83. I was born in 83, but I do not want to feel anything close to 83 degrees once December rolls around.
I'm sure you're wondering, "if it's so hot in College Station, then why are you pictured above wearing wintry clothes and ski goggles?" To this I say, valid question. Here's the other thing about Texas weather. Not only is it a state that can only offer two of the four seasons, it will also tease you like you've never been teased before with desirable weather. There have been three days this year cold enough to force me to dress in the outfit above. As anyone could tell you, that number ought to be significantly higher. Anyway... this post was going to be a funny one about how I ride my bike to school with ski goggles on, but instead I just got mad at the weather.
12.03.2005
I like Travis Herzog
Labels: weather
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Are you pleased with the weather today...my fingers and ears seem to think it is more along the lines of December weather today. Enjoy!
Post a Comment