12.07.2005

superhero soirée

The activity: a party.
The theme: Superhero
Soirée
Mine and Brooke's theme: little kids who are pretending to be superheros

It probably goes without saying that I had a nice time last night with my good friend and very gracious date Brooke Brandon. I mean, who wouldn't have fun wearing what we're wearing? It also goes without saying, and I believe this with all my heart, that we absolutely dominated the creativity portion of the unspoken costume contest. Unfortunately certain humans who happened to be judging said contest thought otherwise... those stupid fools. I cannot go on without giving Lauren Rouse props for thinking of this idea. You guys know her, she's the one who's homepage is this site, and she doesn't know how to change it.

Recap of the night: We arrived at the party fashionably late (I mean that in every sense of the word(s)) and quickly got a couple of necessary salutations in with the fellow patrons of the dance floor before we started dancing like nary a soul was watching. After about 3 songs (1 country, 2 hip-hop) I ran out of fresh dance moves, and after 4 songs my side stared hurting. At one point I was lucky enough to find a stool and I did arguably the best dance on the planet for those 120 seconds. After many a dances Brooke and I went back out to the car where we star-gazed and where I witnessed the first shooting star I've e'er seen. Dang wow. Then we left, and I was overly satisfied with the happenings of the evening. Thanks for joining be Brooke, and thanks for being my friend you, the reader.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cramping while dancing is such a pesky little problem....

Kelly said...

And you and Brooke were pretty much adorable...2 thumbs up! i love reading your blog DO...see ya tomorrow night at Leader Christmas Party! If you want to carpool with Elise and I, give me a call. Later friend.