
I got back from Mexico today, and I figured a good way to let everyone know that I safely made my return to the Land of the Free was to post a new blog entry. I'll give you the reader's digest version of the trip here quickly: We rode a Greyhound to Mexico, where we were to spend 5 days rock climbing. The weather (and our finger pads) allowed us 3 and a half great days of climbing on some stellar Mexican limestone. The two longest routes I climbed were "Black Cat Bone" with Colby (a 9 pitch 5.10d), and "Yankee Clipper" with Todd (a 13 pitch 5.10c). The former was a solid 850 vertical feet, while the latter boasted well over 1,000. And during the many hours Colby and I spent on "Black Cat Bone," meanwhile, down at the bottom of our route, some Mexican stole my rope bag, which housed both mine and Colby's Chacos... Ergo, I had to buy these Mexican Chacos in town... I have not been that mad in as long as I can remember, but the Lord used it to show me how materialistic I am, and now I have something to ask for for Christmas. Thanks to you guys who thought about and missed me... you're great. For more pics from the trip, click here.
12.21.2005
trip results...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
so glad you are back from the Land of Tortillas, sorry about the shoes, but man you are rocking the sock n' sandals look. and i ditto jess--you'd better be planning on a new year's with the chicks!!
inexpressibly happy you are alive,
sarah
I met a guy at the wall at the rec a few hours before you were to depart for Mexico. Ends up he was planning on catching a bus to Mexico to climb for a few days. Good thing I knew of your plans so I could ask if he was to travel with you. Crazy enough he was in fact traveling with you and Colby....big university, small world [esp. with all you people and your networking at the rock wall :) ]. I hope it was fun, enjoy your break and your family!
You have no idea how excited I am that you are back. I have been compulsivly checking this thing to see if you were safe and sound! I am so sad to hear about the chacos...what a tragedy! But, if that's the worst thing that happened, then praise the Lord! Amazing battle wounds from the Black Cat Bone! I'm impressed! I talked to Mikey today and I was sad because y'all weren't with me. What are we going to do when we will leave each other forever? Okay, this is getting too long. I'm happy you are back and be expecting a phone call soon so I can hear more details!
-the cla-bber
DO you're like the latest wrinkle, man. i think a few people are excited to have you back, huh? =)
the picture look like a good time!
Well, three things...
1) I'm glad you guys had fun!
2) I went to whole earth provision to buy some rock climbing gear and the guy who helped me come to find out is friends with todd and was supposed to be with you guys in mexico but he had to work! His name is Chad. I thought that was funny:)
3) I'm sorry you lost your chacos BUT REI has them on sale for $63 right now and whole earth provision on mockingbird has them on sale for $40-50! So you and Colby could get some good ones for pretty cheap! Merry Christmas DO!
the pictures are amazing! looks like yall had a great time and saw some amazing sunrises/sets too. you better save some fun stories to tell us chicks when we reunite. ok??? good!
Great pictures D.O. I am super-impressed with the 9 and 13 pitch climbs. Way to go endurance.
Post a Comment