
First, sorry for what I assume is the huge text... this isn't my computer, more on that as you read on.
Well we successfully moved all of our countless material possessions from College Station to Dallas. Mikey and the Mills crew went ahead and dominated the whole loading of the stock trailer. I felt like a jerk because while they were loading up all my stuff, I was playing my guitar, eating free food, and going bowling... all in the name of the Lord.
Here's the current internet situation here at The Gate (that's the name of our apartment... trendy huh?). We called Comcast today to let them know that we were ready to get some world wide web lovin' in our pad, and they assured us that in merely two weeks, they would bring a kit to our door that we could install ourselves... is that a joke? I don't really care how busy you are Comcast, two weeks is perhaps the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I could walk to your office and pick up said box myself, walk back, and nowhere near two weeks would have passed. Good gracious. So I'm sure you're wondering how it is that I'm updating my blog without having the internet in my room. Well Jon got this amazing new MacBook (that I pray daily I won't covet) that has the ability to borrow wireless internet from our kind, unknowing neighbors. Thanks Bradley.
Finally, I'm learning all too quickly how expensive life is. My parents will be thrilled to read that (assuming they read my blog at all). I'm attempting to get a job at REI, but I fear that it may not allow me the necessity of paying the bills. I'll find out more on that tomorrow, but you may not find out until later, because of the internet situation.
8.14.2006
D.O. in D-town
Labels: Dallas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
hope everything at REI goes well! enjoy your new home in the city! :) i really am jealous that you get to still live with your college roommates... not fair. i'd give anything (except leave thailand) to live with my chicks! p.s. this is mostly for the chicks who will more than likely read this: remember our old washer that sounded like a rocket was about to take off? well, looks like it followed me across the world. i think my neighbors get upset when i wash my clothes.... it's obnoxiously loud, scary, shaky, and makes the strangest noises. (sorry for taking up your blog comment space d.o. this just popped in my head b/c i'm listening to the crazy thing as i type)
dallas eh? i have a fun new friend going to DTS in the fall...or next week i guess it is...you two could be friends...PS--do you get a mean discount at REI?
Don't all good parents read their offspring's blog??? Mom and I can't wait for a new posting like I can't wait to see a new episode of Boston Legal (Mad Cow disease, Denny Crain, etc.). Admitting that life is expensive truly shows me that you are growing up indeed. We are praying for you and the REI position.
Post a Comment