8.04.2006

D.O.'s Art Gallery (soon to be closed forever)

This very well may be my last post from Brenham, TX. Over the summer I've been allowed many opportunities to let my creative juices flow into various art forms. Inspiried by Faith, I've decided to post some of my pieces in a sort of an online art gallery.

This first piece was done in the local Wal-Mart parking lot. We Mission Brenham employees have been trying to get folks to donate school supplies to kids who can't afford their own, and you better believe that this sign has kept our baskets full! (Click to enlarge, then check out the school bus!)

My second and final piece, (yeah, it's a small gallery) is currently on display in room C of Mission Brenham. It's not too often that you see artists spending any significant amount of time working with dry erase boards, but I've taken it upon myself to start such a trend. I installed this board myself, and since its ceremonial hanging in room C, it has hosted plenty of Bible verses. Perhaps none of the verses were quite as unique or artsy, however, than this:

I apologize for the poor lighting, but if you click on it, I think you'll enjoy some of the sneaky pictures behind the words. Now as for the message in this verse (which Jesus himself spoke), I don't know what to tell you. It's weird. Honestly, now that I post this picture, I realize it's not very funny.

BUT, take heart. If all goes as planned, my next post will be a progression of a mural of sorts... the Hoodoo that I often talk about (remember the van seat with no back?) is getting tagged tomorrow. This has a whole lot of potential. Hurray for art!

1 comment:

Mr. O said...

D, I can't wait to see how your next adventure turns out. As always, great pics. They always remind me of the little things that we seem to blow by in life. Good eye.