Here's your first (and probably last) look at my new bedroom in the new apartment. It looks like that. There are, however, a few exceptions; slight differences between what you see in the picture and reality.
For instance, chair isn't empty, I'm currently sitting in it. And the three pictures on the top shelf of my new bookshelf (which I love) are now leaning on a Nalgene each, as sort of a picture frame, if you will. Perhaps the biggest exception is this: there is presently a stinkin' cable wire running from the wall opposite my desk (wall not pictured) to my computer. While I am grateful that it provides me with an internet connection, I simply cannot understand why the man - who took a week to get his butt over here to install it - thought it was a good place for that cable when I have the same wall jack directly behind my computer.
Why didn't I tell him otherwise? Well I was slightly busy being at the renowned Dr Boothe's LASIK center for nearly five hours. I don't really want to be many places for five hours, and in case I was ever unsure about that LASIK center's ability to hold my attention for such a length of time, I confirmed it today. It failed. Miserably. But that's just the price you have to pay to get your eyes fixed. That and a few thousand dollars.
I see that this post has taken an unexpected turn, and is not about LASIK (no pun intended). If you don't feel like commenting, I understand. This was yet another poor post. At least I have internet now. Maybe they'll start improving.
8.21.2006
the room
Labels: apartment life, Dallas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
the thing that i find most beautiful about this picture is its geographic location..you're in Dallas now right?? hook a brother up with the news of thine life!!
dr. boothe's son was in my ab calculus class my junior year of highschool, he graduated with my sister....pretty random i hadn't really thought about him since.
does that mean you got your eyes LASIKed?
i think i like the room set up. is that the wall that your close door is on?
Hey I just saw that the REI in Austin is hiring. It's never too late to move to the best city ever :) Oh and by the way, Rachel and I laughed out loud for a long time after your birthday call. It was great. She LOVED it! (the napkin too)
i like your new room!!! i hope dr. boothe treats you very well! have fun lasik-ing. :)
One of life's many lessons is that not everyone is blessed with common sense! What might appear obvious to one person can be oblivious to another. And, yet, life goes on. Smell the roses, D. Room looks nice. Be praying for you and Doc Boothe Thursday morning.
Ahh pants...
I can NOT read your new stuff.
I quickly clicked on the comment section to leave you a comment to say...
D.O. I love you, but just skimming that post, made me even sicker...but THEN...as soon as I get to the comment portion of that sick post, I saw that Sarah said something about eyes and ceiling fans...I really want to throw up...so I quickly got the click out of there...
I'll have Aaron read it and tell me what is going on...
Surgery or something...
He'll give me the non icky version.
Post a Comment